Friday, September 29, 2006

Alien life forms...my pets

10am

As I sit here this morning writing I have a dog staring out the backdoor, patiently waiting to be let out to explore the backyard for the latest fresh kitty poop.

In the big sea foam colored chair sits “little kitty” in a semi-comatose state laconically watching the room.

“old kitty” saunters in looking for the sunniest spot and settles on the couch where a brilliant beam of early morning sun is momentarily streaming in through the open shutters.

I’ve never wanted pets other than a bird dog to keep outside in a pen to use during bird season. But life has progressed and living with women that seem to attract odd creatures like a magnet (including me) we have accumulated some very interesting animals.

Each animal is a story unto itself. The mean-ass barn cat that loves parties, the puppy that was left on our front doorstep and then developed a life-threatening disease, and the cat (her highness) that has had everything, but is totally psychotic. The problem is you develop attachments to them all and they become members of your family.

*Set this post to the music of Supertramp’s, “My Kind of Lady”, a large cup of coffee with a sugar and you may experience what I am feeling while writing this.*

POLITICAL INSERT: Why can’t we at least treat humans as nice as we treat our animals? I have yet to see any wholesale shipping of pit-bulls off to the equivalent of Gitmo.

No comments: