Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Perfect Football Game

Saturday I was invited to Mizzou for the Tigers Big XII football opener against Colorado. It was a perfect day for a football game, sunny, slightly overcast, warm but not hot and beautiful fall foliage. The game was an early start at 11am and I also planned to tailgate with one of the business fraternities.

I had to get up earlier than I really wanted to on a Saturday to make it to Columbia in time for beer and burgers before the game. Actually, the Busch Light tasted good at 10am, so good in fact that we missed the kick-off. The beer bong was out and surprising to me more girls than guys were using it. But we did make it to the game.

It was good to see Missouri not only win but dominate a football game for a change. Colorado stayed within reach just enough to keep it interesting. After the game we had a few more beers and then dinner at Addison’s. We had planned to go to the Blue Note to hear a few bands, but I bailed out and made it back home to Kansas City by 10pm. Can’t party like I used too, I think my age is showing.

No comments: