Sunday, September 09, 2007

First Friday Review

Why First Friday Sucks
And
Is Destined to Die


INDEX KEY
BEFORE: The many times I have visited the crossroads on a First Friday promotion night.
AFTER: September, 8, 2007

Before: Lots of exotically weirdo people on the street. Men in prom dresses, women with pancake makeup and pinafores... What I call the artsy fartsy crowd. It was people worth associating with.
After: They all look like they just drove in from Johnson County, Kansas.


Before: The weirdest, most bizarre “art” I have ever seen. Who could even think of this?
After: Sofa paintings.

Before: A leisure martini at the City Tavern bar, followed by oyster stew, a dozen raw oysters on the half shell and a bottle of good red wine.
After: Can’t serve “food” at the bar on first Fridays.

Note: Go fuck yourself. The same little ferret of a bartender that has served me for years and gladly taken my big tips: take this last tip and stuff it up your ass.

Addendum Note to Whom Runs City Tavern:
You need to get fresher fish. In fact you need fresh everything. Getting the fish off Price Choppers frozen shelf just isn’t a fresh catch. I could have opened a can of Campbell’s fresher than the chowder you served me.

No comments: