Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shakedown cruise...

        Tuesday we finally got out on the water. It has been so hot here (and everywhere in the Midwest) that Ruth and I waited until just before sunset and took the boat out for a shakedown cruise. She did well except that she won’t idle at the lowest speed and after you restart her several times a fuse burns out and that has to be replaced. Luckily we had spares.
        This was the first time I have been out on Longview Lake and there isn’t a lot to it. Mostly just a round oval with two arms that are shallow and full of old trees. I was surprised how warm the water was when we stopped for a swim. If this heat keeps up the lake water will feel like a hot tub soon.
        But we had to get off the Lake of the Ozarks. It was too far to drive and the other boats had just gotten too big. It just wasn’t fun anymore. I will give Longview a try for this year. Who knows maybe I’ll sell the runabout and buy a jet ski.

No comments: