Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Autumn Was Here?

     I know the leaves on the trees have been turning colors all month; but the weather has been so gloriously perfect it seemed as if summer never left. Then suddenly last night there was a frost warning and I found myself hustling to get the indoor plants (the ones that had been enjoying their summer in the semi-shade of the front porch) back in the house.
     Each year I vow I will not get stuck with this emergency plant moving again, but as usual, I was caught unprepared. And I’m talking about BIG plants, the Norfolk Pine and tree-size schefflera. They have been with me for so many years they are like members of the family; and have grown so large they require a moving dolly to truck them around.    
     Was it just last Sunday we took our boat out of the lake for the year? Right now it is trailered in the driveway waiting for a turn at the local boat yard to get winterized. It seems only a few weeks ago that we were launching her for the summer. Well next year…

No comments: