Wednesday, January 04, 2012

What a Great Christmas!


For the third year in a row my whole family was home for Christmas. By family I mean my wife and our two children; although our children are now adults with partners of their own. We are beginning to reestablish some of the family Christmas traditions that we had not been able to do over the years when everyone was living so far apart.

My wife and I each have one parent alive, her mother and my father, which are becoming affectionately known as “the ancients”. They both now live within visiting distance so we were able to have a “Christmas dinner” with each. Which means quite a few extra Christmas dinners over several days of Christmas, but it was worth it and I’ve always thought that so much preparation goes into the holidays that Christmas Day should be more than one day anyway.

It looks like 2012 is beginning as if it may be an excellent vintage year. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: