Sunday, August 20, 2006

What I Did On My Summer Vacation


I haven't had a true summer vacation since elementary school. I'm talking about that total excitement of being out of school, a summer spreading before you without end and not a worry in the world. Those long, hot, lazy afternoons, sultry nights catching lightening bugs, searching the night sky for shooting stars. You get the idea. One of those idealized kid's summer vacations. A summer vacation that began with anticipation, swimming every afternoon in the the river, continued with poison ivy and chiggers and ended with the complete boredom that renewed us for a new school year.

I had five whole weeks this summer: no clinic, no teaching, no students, no administration. The perfect time to experience an an old fashioned dream vacation. But noooo... what did I do? I tried to cram everything I had been planning to do for the last ten summers into one summer vacation. Now I am totally exhausted. I need a vacation to recover from my vacation and I have two days before the fall semester begins.

I did make a summer promise (sort of like a New Year's resolution, made to be broken) that I would work more on my blog. That is enough for now, so be prepared to hear about more of my summer adventures, the best and worst of a summer odyssey nearly shot to hell.

I will get some pictures up on flickr soon, I promise.


No comments: